If you rent privately in Victoria, you can apply to join the Renters’ Advisory Group.
This group will enable the Commissioner to talk directly with renters and hear first-hand their experiences of renting in Victoria and the issues and challenges they face.
Members of the group will be expected to have a knowledge of the current and emerging issues affecting Victorian renters. They should be able to listen and consider others’ perspectives and confidently raise and discuss the issues affecting them, and renters more broadly.
The Renters’ Advisory Group will comprise around 10 renters who can speak as someone who:
- rents in private housing or community housing
- lives in a rooming house, caravan or moveable dwelling
- rents a site in a residential park
- lives in specialist disability accommodation.
We encourage all renters - younger, older, single or in families as well as those living in Melbourne, regional centres or rural areas - to consider applying.
To apply, download and complete the Renters’ Advisory Group application form (Word, 64KB).
Please send your completed application form by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to PO Box 24259, 111 Bourke Street, Melbourne, 3001