In response to the Victorian Government’s Big Housing Build – the largest single investment in social housing in the State’s history – the Victorian Government has commissioned a Social Housing Regulation Review (the Review) to consider any need to modify the regulations governing social and affordable housing in Victoria so that they best support the long-term well-being of existing and prospective tenants and the growth of social housing.
The independent review panel (the Panel), which is conducting the Review and includes the Commissioner for Residential Tenancies, has released its Interim Report for public consultation . The Panel welcomes submitters to consider:
- whether the proposed reforms contained in the papers of the Interim Report will address the issues they propose to address
- what the implications of their implementation would be, and
- what, if any, alternative solutions should be pursued.
How you can respond to the Interim Report
- Make a submission via the Engage Victoria online submission form
- Via email at email@example.com
- Post your submission to Social Housing Regulation Review, c/o- Old Treasury Building, 20 Spring Street, East Melbourne, VIC 3002.
Please note submissions are due by 28 February 2022 and submitters are invited to respond to some or all questions for consideration throughout the Interim Report depending on their preference.