If you are having trouble paying your rent due to financial hardship caused by COVID-19, you can ask your landlord for a rent reduction.

The Victorian Government are assisting renters by providing financial support to eligible renters through the Rent Relief Grant. 

Tenants Victoria has published helpful steps on how renters can seek a rent reduction from their landlord and how to apply for the Rent Relief GrantStep by Step Guide to Rent Reductions and Rent Relief Grants  (External link)