The Commissioner for Residential Tenancies Dr Heather Holst urges renters to make a report to Consumer Affairs Victoria if their home does not meet rental minimum standards.    

Consumer Affairs Victoria recently launched a campaign to help renters and rental providers understand their rights and responsibilities with minimum standards in rental properties. This includes obligations for rental providers about smoke alarm, gas and electrical safety.   

Further information on the minimum standards can be viewed at: (External link)

Consumer Affairs Victoria now has an online form to report any issues relating to advertised rental properties. Report an issue with an advertised rental property - Consumer Affairs Victoria (External link)

Published 17 June 2024.